Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Barca bound ?


AC Milan and Barcelona are both hot on Adebayor’s heels, and it believed they would have to pay over ₤30million to snare their man.

Barca have taken the biggest strides so far, having sent officials to London recently to open negotiations.

It was originally thought the former Monaco man would prefer a move to San Siro to link up with ex-Gunner Mathieu Flamini, but he hinted that Camp Nou in fact holds the greater attraction.

“Milan are a big club but the fact they are not playing in the Champions League next season is less of a challenge,” Adebayor said.

“Barcelona have made a good financial offer. Yes, I am still under contract to Arsenal but it’s up to the directors to satisfy my demands. Otherwise, I’ll leave.

“You have to take advantage of the moment. Why not go to Barcelona if the manager there already has me in his plans? That means there is a big chance of seeing me there.”

No comments: