Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Adebayor claims to rpelace Henry at the Gunner's camp

It was revealed earlier this week that Adebayor is demanding a whopping 400 per cent pay-rise, which would see his weekly wage increase from ₤30,000 to ₤120,000.

The Togolese striker has rejected the Gunners’ ₤60,000 compromise and appears to be edging ever close to an Emirates exit this summer, as the higher-ups are losing patience.

The 24-year-old believes he deserves to be paid as much as former team-mate Henry was, insisting it is a logical quandary as much as anything.

“People ask if I’m asking for the same salary as Henry,” he told News of the World. “That is not necessarily the question.

“But I am being considered a worthy replacement for Henry while not deserving his salary. The question lies on this level.

“Either Arsenal give me what I want and I stay or they don’t and I leave.”

No comments: